"Neutron Stars as Physics Labs: Future Opportunities with NICER"
Session I -- 1:30 - 3:15 pm
- Zaven Arzoumanian (USRA/GSFC): NICER Science and Mission Overview
- David Nice (Lafayette College): Pulsar Timing and NS Mass Measurements
- Cole Miller (UMD): Mass - Radius Constraints for NS from Pulse Profile Modeling
- Craig Markwardt (NASA/GSFC): X-ray Timing of Accreting Millisecond Pulsars
- Kostas Kalapotharaka (UMD/GSFC): Gamma-ray Pulsar Modeling and Fermi Results
Coffee Break -- 3:15 - 3:45 pm
Session II -- 3:45 - 5:30 pm
- Teruaki Enoto (RIKEN/GSFC Collaborator): NICER Concentrators, Status, Calibration and Science
- Simin Mahmoodifar (UMD): Probes of Dense Matter Phases in NS
- Oleg Kargaltsev (GWU): Isolated NSs and Non-Accreting Pulsars
- Sam Gralla (UMD): NS Magnetospheres
- Tod Strohmayer (GSFC): X-ray Bursts and Superbursts as Probes of NS
The GSFC Visitor's Center is NOT behind the gate, so a GSFC visitor's badge is not needed to attend the symposium. Note: those attending from GSFC may have to go the "long way around," through the Main Gate, because the gate adjacent to the VC entrance is now closed mid-day.