"Plasma Physics and Particle Acceleration"
Date: Friday, April 6, 2012
Time: 2:00 PM - 5:30 PM (Lunch available beginning at 1 pm in Rm. 2316)
Location: Room 2324 Computer and Space Sciences Building, University of Maryland, College Park
- Julie McEnery -- The Fermi View of Blazars and Gamma-ray Bursts
- Jordan Goodman -- Cosmic Rays, from Galactic to Ultra High Energy; What Do We Know About Their Sources?
- Kara Hoffman -- Possible Sources of Ultrahigh Energy Neutrinos and Current Constraints
- Jim Drake -- The Plasma Physics of Particle Acceleration
- Jon McKinney -- GRMHD Simulations, Jets, and Reconnection
- Alice Harding -- Acceleration Processes in the Crab Nebula